19 June 2008

Things have happened but without internet they're rather hard to discuss

OMG.

Everything has happened.

So given that I am harassing the free internet at Rough Trade East (& need to grab some munchies before work), I will summarize for the mo.

[HOUSE]

Moved to Stokey on Sat with Bunny & Pete. Our flat is marvelous (and furnished almost wholly in Ikea and Asda Living.) It feels like our country estate--loads of sun and white and nothing but bird noise in the morning. My room is nice and big and even fits a guest just fine, which, yay. The living room is obscene, just beautiful, massive bay window, wood floors, hearth, filled with books and cds and couches and a coffee table. Basically none of us ever want to leave. Could be a problem avec visa,...I guess.

[STOKEY]

Hipsters (Barden's Boudoir just a short walk down to Dalston), hippies (veggie restaurants and Whole Foods), young families. Like if Park Slope, Williamsburg, and Berkeley had a baby. Cute tea shops, secondhand bookshops, vintage shops. Dreamy.

[PROUD]

Had first full bar shift on Sat night after moving. Bartending is super fun--making people drinks and getting chatted up while awesome music is playing (MGMT, Hot Chip, Justice etc.) Sweeping up after is not (try getting glass out of cobblestones at 3am.) Getting home when the sun is rising is super not. I'm looking for a closer job for obvious reasons.

Gah. More to discuss. Need to get a curry before getting to trial on Brick Lane. Off I go!

1 comment:

Emily said...

So you're saying my first real estate investment should be.. in Stokey. As part of my 15-year plan. I've got it down to the minute. [except where/n to start]

Glad things are up! :D