Actual Malta update still to come (and update re. Emily's visit to London), but suffice to say that as sick as I've been these past few weeks, I'm now significantly sicker. Ugh.
So while I'm feverish and coughing, here's a little mini-post.
Top five non-human things I miss from home:
(1) the tree-lined stroll from the 1 to Magnolia's in the late spring/early summer
(2) Target (Woolworths just doesn't cut it.)
(3) diner coffee
(4) bars that don't get interesting until midnight; gigs that don't start until 1am
(5) the dollar
Top five things I'm learning to love about London:
(1) chips with malt vinegar and salt, especially for one pound
(2) the neverending entertainment of the night bus
(3) being able to get any ethnic food at the market (Indian/Argentinian/Sri Lankan/Thai/Chinese/Mexican/Moroccan/etc ad inf.)
(4) the Camden Barfly
(5) seeing sheep frolic only about a half hour outside the city
Okay that's good enough for tonight...I'm going to go try to speed-recover before the Chromeo gigs this weekend, slash the 90s party on Friday, slash the LSE party on Friday, slash planning out the rest of various travel adventures. Oh, God, I need sleep.
06 February 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment