05 March 2007
One of those epiphany-type moments
So I am sitting in my room, thinking (/ dreaming) about the spring break I'm in the midst of planning (don't want to jinx it, but it should involve six countries, fifteen cities, and all the people I love the most). I picked up my Lonely Planet Europe on a Shoestring, and started flipping through to see what they had to say about the cities I'm planning on going to. I looked at Madrid first, and just read the first museum listing (the Prado, of course.) The second half of the listing discusses Las Meninas, the famous Velazquez painting that hangs in the Prado...and I almost started to cry. To realise that little ole me is working on booking flights to see paintings that I learned about in Spanish class when I was seventeen and barely having left suburban New Jersey, still not entirely convinced that people really spoke Spanish outside of the classroom, is just a euphoric feeling. It really makes me realise just how fucking lucky I am to have this opportunity to live in Europe, meet awesome people who I really care about and who really care about me (and stay so close with the people I care most about back home), and have these amazing life-changing experiences. Wow. Just...wow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment